I'm craving a pretty salad. I know, right? Who
I'll have to just look forward to this one in the spring (especially if I want to garnish with Johnny Jump Ups), but ran into a photo of it on my computer today and thought I'd share.
No reason why salad can't be pretty and tasty!
* Spring Greens * Mandarin Oranges * Raspberries * Strawberries * Blueberries * Pineapples * Pecans * Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast * Garnish with Pansies & Johnny Jump Ups
Serve Maple Vinaigrette Dressing on the side.
Maple Vinaigrette Dressing
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 cup balsamic or good quality wine, cider or maple vinegar (I prefer red wine vinegar)
* 1/2 cup Pure Vermont Maple Syrup (Grade B has the best flavor)
* 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 cup olive oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
* Combine mustard and basil in a small bowl.
* With a whisk, add vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice and garlic.
* Add olive oil and continue whisking until ingredients are well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
A blender will emulsify and thicken the dressing